Sunday, July 15, 2007

The battle has begun....7/15/07

Well... sorry for the delay in between blogs. I am pretty tired right now but can happiily say that the battle has begun. I have started to fight back!

Friday's chemo day was uneventful and Saturday was a tired day snoozing in bed most of the day. I claimed the first two days of battle as mine. Today, Sunday, has been tough. Rough nausea and vomiting in the morning and can't seem to get feeling right. I just showered and decided to try to blog some of my stupor away. It does seem to be working.

I have decided to occaisionally talk to my cacner. Like when I asked it how this chemo was treating it. I imagained a responses in a thousand tiny little voices: "What the f#@$!!!" When the attack started! :)

I can admit to you all that I am worried about how I am going to react during all the chemo. Today has been discouraging and I can't even imagine I have seen anything close to the level of nausea, pain and discomfort that I will eventually see over the course of the coming cycles. I hope I can be up and about, be a good father, and be productive at work.

I can also admit that I have been narrow in my prayers. They have been all for me and helpng me feel better today and through this ordeal. I will be spedning time thanking God for all of you right after I post this.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayer! Ask that our Lord, will reach out with his healing touch to comfort and strengthen me during this time.

More later... Love, Eric

9 comments:

Mike Howard said...

Eric, don't let one day, not one minute of sickness discourage you. If you can get through that one day or that one minute then you can get through the next and the next and the next. I KNOW you can. Plus you married a hard-headed Howard...you have to know all about stubborness!

Hug those kiddies for me,

-mike

The Kurtzweil Boys said...

You are so strong and are attacking this with such a great attitude. This cancer doesn't know who it is up against. Take your off chemo days to recover, recoup and rev back up for the fight. You are not alone.

Love,
Beth

Kosh said...

Eric,
I've been there. I know what chemo does first hand. It's okay to be a bit selfish on chemo days, after all, to be quite honest, nobody else but you has to take the chemo and live with the after effects.
Feel free to get all the rest you need the day of and the day after your chemo! You'll get through this - I know you wil!

Kosh said...

^^^^ Eric,
I forgot my google account won't automatically sign my name - sorry! ;)

- David Trombly -

Beach Buddies said...

Eric

"Although I have sickness in me, I also have wellness in me. I will allow the wellness to overcome the sickness." unknown

Keep facing the love and wellness of God. Your family and friends have your back.

Love,
Tana and Bob

Yvonne said...

Eric,
My thoughts and prayers are and will continue to be with you and your family.

We aren't meant to fully understand Gods plan and at times like this it is difficult to understand it. As I know you will, stay strong in your faith to God and to each other.

Yvonne (from Bovis)

Jocelyn said...

In you, O Lord, may Eric take refuge; let him never be put to shame. Rescue Eric and deliver him in your righteousness; turn your ear to him and save Eric. Be Eric's rock of refuge, to which he can always go; give the command to save him, for you are Eric's rock and Eric's fortress. Deliver Eric, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men. For you have been his hope, O sovereign Lord, his confidence since youth. From birth Eric has relied on you; you brought him forth from his mother's womb. May Eric ever praise you. Psalm 71:1-6

I commit to praying this prayer for you over the next week, up and through round 2 on Friday the 20th.

You are an amazing man, and God is near.

Cari and Mike Hinnant said...

Eric, we are thinking of you constantly and either praying or calculating for your relief. : ) I can't imagine how sick you are feeling, but you have always loved life and that will give you strength to get through this. Mike told me how great you are with your kids, and I'm sure they are giving you so much encouragement and inspiration. Keep up the fight! The cancer doesn't have a chance against your strength.

Love and best wishes to you and Amy!

Cari

Deanna in Westport said...

Eric, There are many in Westport, IN praying for you. I lived next door to your Grandpa Oren. Your mom and I walked the cancer valley together several years ago. She has told me so much about you over the years. Reading your blog has shown your courage and your faith. I am so sorry you got so sick on Sunday. Been there, done that, myself. I will encourage you though, by telling you that I seriously doubt the nausea will worsen with each treatment. I was treated for 9 months and pretty much what I got the first time was as bad as it got. In fact, they adjusted some of my meds and improved things some. The fatigue got a tad worse, but the nausea was pretty much the same story. I don't think you have to fear that it will have a cumulative effect...that's my good news for the day! (Hey, we take what we can get, right?)
Hang in there, there are so many prayers going up for you and I am especially praying that Satan be bound from stealing your joy in all the little moments of each day. Look for those awesome postcards God will send along the way, to show you He's present and active. I guarantee He will show up in a mighty way in the coming months to allow you to feel His love and His watchcare.
Enjoy your family and friends and allow them to do things for you. It will bless their hearts to feel they are doing something for you.
Love in Christ,
Deanna in Westport