Friday, June 27, 2008

The long goodbye

I went out today to pick up take out. It was my 3rd trip away from the house this whole week. I do more than that in one day at home. There just doesn't seem to be much outside of here that I need, other than chocolate! My trip today was in search of the "best shrimp burger ever" as a number of family will attest. I followed Scott, Amy and family off the island, they returned to Texas today. While I was driving it occurred to me that this would be the beginning of the long goodbye. Many of you have come to visit but I think in the back of my head, it hadn't really sunk in that Eric was saying goodbye to you for the last time. We've been so focused on getting here to the beach to spend time with family and dear friends, I never thought about what it would be like to say goodbye when the week was over. Eric's been feeling the same way. He made it out to the deck today to watch the kids play in the sand. I came up to check on him and he said,"It's sad knowing this is the last time I'll be here." Why are goodbyes so hard

We've been talking a lot about Eric's funeral these days. I haven't enjoyed much of the process but have cherished the time Eric and I have spent searching the bible for his favorite passages. This one we rediscovered yesterday. I pray it so for myself and for you as well.

...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13

God's peace and blessings to you all!
Amy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric, Amy and family,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, experiences and emotions. It is a truly powerful opportunity to see God's grace through your collective eyes.

Know that there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of people praying for you.

May you find great peace in life's journey while enjoying the spendor of the beach.

Godspeed!
Steve, Jan, Erin and Kyra

Brenelly Lozada, MD said...

Dear Eric and Amy:

I was thinking about the SPIRITUAL TRANSFORMATION of JESUS CHRIST. Jesus' Life experience lasted 33 POWERFUL years. The 33 years of Jesus Christ on EARTH are equivalent to thousands and thousands of years of WISDOM for the entire human race. Life is a gift, we need to make our years powerful; not how many years but HOW MEANINGFUL they are. How meaningful is each second, each minute and each hour? To live each second as a thousand years. Jesus never said GoodBye but his gift was a legacy of how we should approach our Life. His Life was intense, believing in accomplishing a mission and making an impact for the entire world in a very short period of time. But which is the definition of time, Time definition is a man concept, indeed time has an an abstract and endless definition. Through Jesus' Sacrifice, we have a better understanding that Life's experiences and process has a purpose of SPIRITUAL TRANSFORMATION. Jesus Christ made a STEP to a different Spiritual level, for him to achieve that level required him to came as a man and experience all the pain and suffering the human body and mind could ever stand and this lead him to an spiritual evolution. In fact, when many thought he was defeated, he was actually through a spiritual reborn process coming out of the asshes as a spiritually transformed body and in FULL VICTORY like the PHOENIX. Making the maximum sacrifice a human being can do, to die for all of us to clean us from our sins. To give us the gift of a new spiritual experience and level of understanding. He showed us that there is no time, there is no GOODBYE but a Change or Tranformation to a different spiritual level. A level is which our spirit and soul are purified. His legacy still persists after thousands of years and powerful opossittion. HE is HERE and HE IS ALIVE, BUT SPIRITUALLY TRANSFORMED.

I am just sharing my thoughts with both of you,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

Brenelly Lozada, MD

bradshawtwins said...

Hi Amy & Eric,

What a powerful message left by Dr. Lozada, one that has truly touched me. We have been so grateful to read about your time at the beach and continue our prayers for strength for the both of you. Eric, thank you for touching our lives in such an incredible way and for strengthening our faith in Jesus. We love you all so much!

The Bradshaw's