Thursday, July 3, 2008

(d) none of the above


The week before we left for the beach our hospice nurse Leslie said to me, " I know Eric wants to go on this trip and I know he wants to die at home. He may need to decide which one he wants more because, he may not be able to have both."

So many times in our cancer battle we have come to the point where all we really wanted to do was answer "(d) none of the above". You find yourself faced with a decision where all the options available are undesirable. It's so easy to just get mired down in the wanting of something you can't have, stuck in the land of indecision because you just don't like the options. And then, feeling sorry for yourself. (Did you know that children are not innately born with the ability to feel sorry for themselves? It is a learned behavior. We as parents, teach it to them.) The most difficult thing to do is let go of the option you want, the unavailable one, and instead, pick the best of the bunch and move on or "press forward" as Romans says.

Sometimes, your obedience is rewarded and you get to have a write in vote. Today, for us, is one of those. I find myself exhausted and happy listening to my sweet husband snore in his bed while I finish cleaning my "fresh off the farm" organic vegetable delivery.

God is so good!
Amy

p.s. I hope you enjoy the photo today. Our pilot Justin took it today on the flight.

3 comments:

Mike Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Kelly said...

Your strength and faith are truly a God sent inspiration. I have never seen love and courage so beautifully displayed by the Master's hand.

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord shine his upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

Mike & Chris Kelly