Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Try to relax Chicken Little

Well, I'm happy to say the reason I missed blogging yesterday was because Eric was awake and I decided to spend time with him instead of you all! Yesterday was a difficult one. All day I tried to wake him to no avail. By the end of the day, I resigned myself that this was just how it would be but, to my surprise, around 7pm he woke up and wanted to eat, talk, and watch a movie with the kids. Around 11:30 when we were getting ready for bed I said, "What a gift these last few hours were. I just figured our "good time" was over." His response was, "me too".

To my even greater surprise, he woke up today and was awake a good portion of it. I put a quote on the girls bedroom wall in the new house. I figured it would be helpful as this time in our lives progressed but also into their teenage years. It says, "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly". I suppose there is a two fold lesson in that for me these days. The obvious one, caterpillar-butterfly, death-heaven, but also the less subtle one...The world's not over until it's over. Relax Chicken Little, it's just a little piece of sky falling down.

Here's to the hope of a few more "good days" and a big deep breath.
Amy

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

so good to hear about those little moments. what a gift from God. continuously praying for all of you!

Brenelly Lozada, MD said...

Dear Eric and Amy:

Isaiah 26:3

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee.

Psalm 119:105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119

1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.

2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that aseek him with the whole heart.

3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts adiligently.

5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!

6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.

8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

God will lead the way, there is no fear but peace and serenity. There is no darkness or anguish. There will be no pain or sorrow, but freedom to walk through the promises of God..the eternal Life and his promise of Salvation. The real promise of Life starts now, with God at our side.

God Bless You Eric..with God everything is possible.

Brenelly Lozada Cruz, MD

Amy O'Plummer said...

Amy,

This is a beautiful entry. You know how much I lvoe the quote on the girl's wall & I love thinking about it in this context.

I wish I could have accompanied Scott this morning. Just know that I am thinking about you all & praying too. My heart is still so full of the love & good times we had at the beach. I can't wait to see some pictures!

xo,
amy